By Holly Noon
Let me start off by saying a planner fanatic is writing this article and when I say fanatic that means I have been buying and utilizing planners for 20+ years. I genuinely love and get excited for a beautifully designed planner with stickers!
I remember in 4th grade loving the fact I had a school planner to write in and anxiously waiting every school year after that for the next one. In college, I would buy the school designed planners and as I became a working professional I have used planners from a variety of brands. I realized I have been using planners for so long I really cannot go without one at this point.
I contribute much of my success for achieving my personal and professional goals linked to using a planner to keep me focused, organized, and motivated. As a mom, entrepreneur, and professional I love using a planner to keep me on task as it relates to my daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly goals. Using a planner has helped me set goals and keep track of commitments much more efficiently.
Here are 5 reasons you should consider incorporating a planner into your life this week:
- Helps you stay more organized– It seems like an obvious reason to be on the list but literally outlining what I want or need to accomplish in a day helps me stay focused and allocate my time wisely for tasks.
- You are more intentional about your choices– from my personal experience seeing my entire routine written down and visible in one convenient place truly empowers me to know when it is time to say “NO” to focus on all of the other commitments on my plate. Planning and writing down your commitments gives you a holistic view of the way your time is spent on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis which can help you improve productivity in the long term.
- You will have to spend less time in front of a screen– While phones, tablets, and computers are an essential part of life in 2021. When I use a planner, it is nice to take a break from a screen and write down my thoughts and reflect.
- Having a planner can be creative and fun– There is an array of planner products available today that come with stickers, markers, post-its, and decorative tape which can allow you to really customize how you design and stay organized with your planner.
- Planners provide excellent stress relief- Using a planner allows for you not to get overwhelmed by over-programming. By leveraging the planner to stay organized you can even plan for self-care activities on a regular basis to ensure you keep your stress to a minimum. I make sure to input time for nail and social appointments throughout the month.
These are only a few of the benefits of keeping a planner, but I highly recommend incorporating some type of planner usage in your life if you are looking to stay organized and improve productivity. I love planners so much I created my own that incorporates goal-setting, daily and weekly planning, and journaling space that is for sale on Etsy at the link here- https://www.etsy.com/shop/HRConnectionLLC.